Jacqueline's Lemon Loaf
“My family loves this lemon loaf recipe. It’s great as a dessert or a snack.” - Jacqueline Bent, A&J Bent Farms Ltd., Proud Farmer-Owner
A&J Bent Farms Ltd., Allen and Jacqueline Bent, Proud Farmer-Owners
- 6 tbsp shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup Farmers milk
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- (prepare glaze right after you place bread in oven)
- Grate rind of 2 lemons, set aside.
1. Blend shortening and sugar until smooth and creamy.
2. In a separate bowl beat 2 eggs together well.
3. Add well beaten eggs to sugar mixture and mix well.
4. Add milk and lemon rind, and then beat for 2 minutes.
5. Add flour and baking powder, beat until well mixed.
6. Place in a greased loaf pan, bake at 325F for 45 minutes (or insert a tooth pick in center of loaf, if it comes out clean then bread is done).
7. Immediately place loaf on cooling rack & drizzle glaze on top right