Jennifer's Creamy Pumpkin Pie
“This is a creamy twist for an old favourite. Nothing beats creamy pumpkin pie made with pumpkins grown right here in the Annapolis Valley.” - Jennifer Bishop, Bishop Farms Ltd, Proud Farmer-Owner
- 1 (8-ounce) pkg cream cheese softened
- 2 cups mashed pumpkin (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg plus 2 yolks slightly beaten
- 1 cup Farmers Blend or Coffee Cream
- 1/4 cup melted Farmers Butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 uncooked 9" pie crust
- Farmers Whipping Cream for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
3. Add pumpkin and continue to mix until combined.
4. Add sugar and salt mix.
5. Add the eggs, cream and melted butter and mix until well combined.
6. Finally, add the vanilla, cinnamon and ginger; beat until incorporated.
7. Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 50 minutes or until the centre is set.
8. Place the pie on a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
9. When ready to serve, whip cream according to directions on carton.
10. Cut into slices and add a generous amount of Farmers Whipping Cream.