Fort William Herbed Tomato Bisque
A delicious blend of your favourite Farmers products- this tomato bisque is sure to please the entire family!
- ½ lb Farmers 50/50 Spread
- 2 Spanish Onions, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 x 28oz. can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups Farmers 5% Light Cream
- 2 cups corn niblets
- 2 Cortland apples, chopped
- ½ bunch fresh dill weed, chopped
- Chicken soup base to taste
- 2 cups Farmers Old White Cheddar Cheese, grated
- ½ cups bacon bits
- 2 cups baked garlic bread croutons
- In a large pot, heat Farmers 50/50 Spread, Spanish onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Blend in flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add diced tomatoes and cook for 4-6 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly.
- Add Farmers Light Cream and bring to a simmer. Add corn niblets, diced Cortland apples and dill weed. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with chicken soup base to taste.
- Serve in individual soup bowls topped with grated Farmers Old White Cheddar, bacon bits and baked garlic bread croutons