Jennifer's Twice Baked Potatoes
“These are a great dish to use for entertaining. They can be prepared ahead and frozen until needed.” - Jennifer Bishop, Bishop Farms Ltd, Proud Farmer-Owner
Bishop Farms Ltd., Geoff and Jennifer Bishop, Proud Farmer-Owners
Geoff and Jennifer Bishop, along with their four children, live in Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia.The Bishop family is committed to their farm and equally committed to giving back to their community. Jennifer is a teacher by training who started a running club for local kids, and the family makes milk donations to the local school to encourage good nutrition. A lot has changed at Bishop Farms Ltd, since Geoff’s grandfather and father first started there in 1970. But dedication and commitment are family traits that continue to be passed down through the generations.
- 4 baking potatoes
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Farmers Butter
- 2 tbsp Farmers Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup of Farmers milk or blend cream - hot
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash nutmeg
- Dash paprika
- 4 slices of crisp bacon
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Farmers Old Cheese or Marble for a milder flavor
1. Wash the potatoes and prick with a fork in a few places.
2. Bake potatoes on rack at 400 degrees F for about 1 hour or until done.
3. Cut a thin slice from the top of each potato.
4. Scoop out the pulp into a bowl.
5. Mash the potato with the hot milk or blend cream until fluffy.
6. Beat in the butter, sour cream green onion and seasonings.
7. Add crispy bacon to the potato mixture.
8. Spoon potato mixture back into shells.
9. Sprinkle with cheeses.
10. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and return to a 375 degree F oven until cheese is melted (about 15 minutes).
11. Serve immediately.