Nachos with Cheese & Tomato Salsa
These nachos will keep them coming back for more!
Healthy Hint: For a lower fat alternative substitute Farmers Restaurant Style Sour Cream with Farmers Light Sour Cream.
• 10 oz (300 g) corn nachos
• Jalapeno peppers, chopped (optional)
• Choice of chopped vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, etc.)
Cheese and Tomato Salsa:
• 1/3 cup (75 ml) all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup (50 ml) Farmers Butter
• 1 cup (250 ml) grated Farmers Medium Cheddar Cheese
• 3/4 tsp (3 ml) salt
• 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
• 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp (2 ml) oregano
• 1 cup (250 ml) canned crushed tomatoes
• 3 cups (750 ml) water
• Farmers Restaurant Style Sour Cream
1) Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
2) Place nachos on large platter and top with Cheese and Tomato Salsa.
3) Bake for 10 minutes (can also be grilled under the broiler for the last 2 minutes).
4) Remove from oven and garnish with a touch of chopped hot peppers and chopped vegetables. Serve with guacamole and Farmers Restaurant Style Sour Cream.
Farmers Cheese and Tomato Salsa:
1) In saucepan, cook flour in Farmers Butter while stirring until golden.
2) Turn off heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
3) Add Farmers Medium Cheddar Cheese and remaining ingredients.
4) Mix well and cook over medium heat until salsa thickens.
5) Remove from heat and let cool.
6) Refrigerate in airtight container.
Related products for this recipe