This sweet Antigonish maple hot chocolate will warm your heart after a day of playing in the snow.
- 60 mL (¼ cup) sugar
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) baking cocoa
- 0.62 mL (⅛ tsp) salt
- 60 mL (¼ cup) hot water
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) Farmers Butter
- 1 L (4 cups) Farmers 2% Milk
- 5 mL (1 tsp) maple syrup
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 12 large marshmallows
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Stir in the hot water and butter and bring to a boil.
- Add the milk, maple syrup, vanilla and 8 of the marshmallows. Heat through, but do not boil, stirring occasionally, until the marshmallows have melted.
- Ladle into 4 mugs and top each one with a marshmallow.