Try this homemade strawberry milk using Farmers dairy. It's easy to prepare and makes a refreshing after-school drink!
- 500 mL (2 cups) strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 100 mL (7 tbsp) water
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) honey
- 250 mL (1 cup) Farmers Homogenized Milk
- Add the strawberries and water to a saucepan and cook until the water starts to boil. Use a potato masher to press down on the strawberries and mash them into the liquid.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer, add the honey and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. At this stage, you can also push the syrup through a fine strainer to remove any remaining bits of seeds.
- Allow to cool before mixing 15 mL (1 tbsp) of the syrup into a glass of Farmers Homogenized Milk.