This hearty Farmhand Scramble is a tasty breakfast for your next weekend brunch. Perfectly cheesy with crispy bacon, eggs and vegetables.
- 8 slices of bacon, cut into 1.2-cm (½-in.) pieces
- 500 mL (2 cups) potatoes, cubed
- 250 mL (1 cup) onions
- 125 mL (½ cup) green pepper (optional)
- 60 mL (¼ cup) Farmers 2% Milk
- 8 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) salt
- 1.25 mL (¼ tsp) pepper
- 250 mL (1 cup) Farmers Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- In a 25-cm (10-in.) skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the potato cubes and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are browned and crispy.
- Add the onions and green pepper and continue cooking until crispy (3–4 minutes).
- Pour off the excess fat.
- In small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients except the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and stir to blend.
- Cook over medium heat, gently lift portions with a spatula so any uncooked portions flow to the bottom of the pan, until the egg mixture sets.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs and let it stand until it has melted.