There's no better way to wake up than with a glass of ice-cold Farmers Milk and a steaming plate of buttermilk pancakes. Try them with your family this morning!
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Natrel Butter, plus more for the skillet
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) vanilla extract
- 125 mL (½ cup) plus 30 mL (2 tbsp) Farmers Buttermilk, plus more, if necessary
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) baking soda
- 1.25 mL (¼ tsp) salt
- 250 mL (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 105 °C (225 °F) and place a lined baking sheet inside.
- Melt the Natrel Butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the sugar and whisk to combine. Cool slightly and add the egg, vanilla and Farmers Buttermilk; whisk to combine.
- Add the baking soda and salt; whisk to combine. Add the flour and stir until just combined. Don’t overmix. The mixture should be quite thick, but if it’s too stiff, add 15–30 mL (1–2 tbsp) more buttermilk and stir to combine.
- Melt a little butter in a large nonstick skillet or griddle. Add small mounds of batter. Cook for about 2 minutes on the first side or until lightly golden browned; flip and cook the second side.
- Place the pancakes on the baking sheet and bake for about 8–10 minutes, so that the centres set; flip halfway through baking.
- Serve with maple syrup or your favorite pancake toppings. Pancakes will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months; reheat as necessary.