Want to impress the family with the fluffiest pancakes? Use Farmers Buttermilk!
2 Tbsp Natrel Butter, plus more for skillet
2 Tbsp sugar
1 large egg
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup plus 2 Tbsp Farmers Buttermilk, plus more, if necessary
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 225°F (105°C) and place a lined baking sheet inside.
- Melt Natrel Butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the sugar and whisk to combine. Cool slightly and add the egg, vanilla, ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp Farmers Buttermilk and whisk to combine.
- Add the baking soda, salt and whisk to combine. Add the flour and stir until just combined. Don’t overmix. Mixture should be quite thick, but if it’s too stiff, add 1 or 2 more Tbsp buttermilk and stir to combine.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet or griddle. Add small mounds of batter. Cook for about 2 minutes on the first side, or until lightly golden browned, flip and cook the second side.
- Place pancakes on the baking sheet and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, so that the centres set; flip halfway through baking.
- Serve with maple syrup or your favorite pancake toppings. Pancakes will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months; reheat as necessary.