Allen and Jacqueline Bent, and their four children - Jennafer, Jonathan, Alanna and Adrian - call Lawrencetown Nova Scotia home. The couple bought the family farm from Allan’s Dad in 1994. They’ve made many upgrades to the property since then, while still maintaining the original house and barn built nearly 100 years ago. A lot has changed since the farm was first built, but like so many homes in Nova Scotia, the kitchen is the source of many wonderful family memories. "You'll want to make these egg nog muffins part of your family's holiday tradition."
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups Farmers Egg Nog
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, Farmers Egg Nog and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in raisins and pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.