Mellow, buttery and flaky buttermilk biscuits. Pair them with jam for breakfast or gravy or dinner!
- 500 mL (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) baking powder
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) baking soda
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) salt
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) Farmers 20/80 Spread
- 177 mL (¾ cup) Farmers Buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 230 °C (450 °F).
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in the Farmers 20/80 spread until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the Farmers Buttermilk to the mixture all at once.
- Stir with a fork, just until dough forms around the fork.
- Turn the dough onto a floured board. Knead it gently 10–12 times. Roll the dough out to 1.27-cm (½-in.) thickness and, using a biscuit cutter, cut the dough.
- Place it on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake it until it is golden brown or about 12 minutes.