Using Farmers Milk and homemade whipped cream, give this chocolate parfait a try. It’s a delightful treat!
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) cornstarch
- 60 mL (¼ cup) plus 30 mL (2 tbsp) sugar, divided
- 60 mL (¼ cup) plus 15 mL (1 tbsp) unsweetened cocoa powder, divided, plus a sprinkle to garnish
- 1 pinch of salt
- 500 mL (2 cups) Farmers Homogenized Milk
- 110 g (4 oz.) fine-quality semi-sweet chocolate (no more than 54% cacao, if marked), finely chopped
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) Natrel Butter
- 250 mL (1 cup) Farmers by Natrel 35% Whipping Cream, chilled
- 1.25 mL (¼ tsp) pure vanilla extract
- Whisk together the cornstarch, 60 mL (¼ cup) of the sugar, 60 mL (¼ cup) of the cocoa, and a pinch of salt in a heavy medium saucepan, and then gradually whisk in the milk.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly until thickened or for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the chopped chocolate and Natrel Butter until they have melted.
- Transfer the pudding to a metal bowl and quick-chill by setting it in an ice bath and stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the Farmers by Natrel 35% Whipping Cream with the vanilla and the remaining sugar and cocoa until it just holds stiff peaks.
- Layer the pudding and whipped cream in 250-mL (8-oz.) glasses.
- Serve dusted with cocoa.