A blueberry bran muffin for those breakfasts on the go! An quick ‘n easy recipe for perfectly moist muffins.
- 1 egg, large
- 250 mL (1 cup) plain yogurt
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 125 mL (½ cup) Farmers 2% Milk
- 60 mL (¼ cup) honey
- 250 mL (1 cup) whole bran
- 500 mL (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 60 mL (¼ cup) sugar
- 7.5 mL (1½ tsp) baking powder
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) baking soda
- 5 mL (1 tsp) salt
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) butter, melted
- 250 mL (1 cup) blueberries, fresh or thawed and drained
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F). Grease 12 large muffin cups. In a medium bowl, beat the egg. Blend in the yogurt, lemon juice, Farmers 2% Milk and honey.
- Stir in the bran and let the mixture stand 3–5 minutes. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir the melted butter into the bran mixture. Add it all at once to the dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon into the muffin tins, filling to the top. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch. Cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes and then them turn out onto a rack and cool. Makes 12 muffins.