Served as a main course or as an appetizer, this bread pot fondue is a deliciously cheesy and creamy mixture with shrimp and crab.
- 1 loaf round bread
- 1 x 360 g (12.7 oz.) block of Farmers Old Cheddar Cheese
- 250 mL (1 cup) Farmers by Natrel Restaurant Style 18% Sour Cream
- 227 g (8 oz.) pkg. of cream cheese, softened
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) Tabasco sauce
- 1.25 mL (¼ tsp) garlic salt
- 1 x 142 g (5 oz.) tin of shrimp, drained
- 1 x 142 g (5 oz.) tin of crab, drained
- Slice the top off the loaf of bread and set it aside. Scoop out the inside of the bread, leaving a 2.5-cm (1‑in.) layer all around. Reserve removed bread for dipping. Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Grate the Farmers Old Cheddar Cheese.
- In a large bowl, cream the softened cream cheese. Add the Farmers by Natrel Restaurant Style 18% Sour Cream, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and garlic salt; Mix in the grated cheddar cheese. Stir in shrimp and crab until just combined. Fill the bread shell with the cheese mixture.
- Place the top back on the loaf and wrap in foil. Bake on a cookie sheet for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until the mixture is thoroughly heated. Serve with bread cubes or crackers.
- Note: If you prefer, the cheese mixture can be baked in a covered casserole dish (rather than in the bread loaf) for 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated.