If you love cream of mushroom soup, this one is sure to hit the spot. Impeccably creamy, it’s the perfect comfort food.
- 113 g (4 oz.) butter
- 120 mL (4 oz.) onion, chopped
- 454 g (1 lb.) mushrooms, chopped
- 120 mL (4 oz.) flour
- 375 mL (12 oz.) chicken stock
- 375 mL (12 oz.) Farmers Homogenized milk
- Seasoning to taste
- Heat the butter in a heavy sauce pot over moderate heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and sweat them without letting them brown.
- Add the flour and stir until thickened, cook for a few minutes, but do not let it brown. Gradually beat in the stock and the Farmers Homogenized Milk until the mixture thickens.
- Simmer until the mushrooms are tender. Blend in a blender, and then heat the soup again without bringing it to a boil. Season to taste.