This Fort William Herbed Tomato Bisque is a refreshing yet creamy, delicious blend of your favourite Farmers products.
- 227 g (½ lb.) Farmers 50/50 Spread
- 2 Spanish onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) flour
- 4 x 794-g (28-oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 500 mL (2 cups) Farmers by Natrel 5% Light Cream
- 500 mL (2 cups) corn niblets
- 2 Cortland apples, chopped
- ½ bunch fresh dill weed, chopped
- Chicken soup base to taste
- 500 mL (2 cups) Farmers Old White Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 125 mL (½ cup) bacon bits
- 500 mL (2 cups) garlic bread croutons, baked
- In a large pot, heat the Farmers 50/50 Spread, Spanish onion and garlic for 2–3 minutes.
- Blend in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add the diced tomatoes and cook for 4–6 minutes, or until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly.
- Add the Farmers by Natrel 5% Light Cream and bring to a simmer. Add the corn niblets, diced Cortland apples and dill weed. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with chicken soup base to taste.
- Serve in individual soup bowls topped with grated Farmers Old White Cheddar, bacon bits and baked garlic bread croutons.