Cheesy Mexican dip—it's the perfect rich, flavourful dish for your next potluck!
- 1 x 227-g (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 250 mL (1 cup) Farmers by Natrel Restaurant Style 18% Sour Cream
- 454 g (1 lb.) ground beef
- 60 mL (¼ cup) onion, chopped
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 177 mL (¾ cup) water
- 1 x 397-g (14-oz.) jar salsa
- 500 mL (2 cups) Farmers Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Olives and jalapeños
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef with the chopped onions. Drain any excessive fat, and then stir in the taco seasoning mix and the water. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese. Add the Farmers by Natrel Restaurant Style 18% Sour Cream and mix well. Spread into a shallow dish. Spoon the meat mixture evenly over the cream cheese layer. Spread salsa over the meat layer. Top with the Farmers Cheddar Cheese and garnish with olives and jalapeños, as desired.
- Broil in the oven until the cheese has melted. Serve with tortilla chips as an appetizer.