Perfect for dessert or snack, this lemon loaf recipe is a go to. With just a few ingredients, the family will love it.
- 6 tbsp shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup Farmers milk
- Grate rind of 2 lemons, set aside.
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- (prepare glaze right after you place bread in oven)
- Blend shortening and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl beat 2 eggs together well.
- Add well beaten eggs to sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add milk and lemon rind, and then beat for 2 minutes.
- Add flour and baking powder, beat until well mixed.
- Place in a greased loaf pan, bake at 325F for 45 minutes (or insert a tooth pick in center of loaf, if it comes out clean then bread is done).
- Immediately place loaf on cooling rack & drizzle glaze on top right