Delectable Coconut Cream Pie recipe. A sweet dessert that has been passed down through family generations.
- 2 cups Farmers 2% Milk
- 1 tbsp Farmers Butter (or Farmers 20/80)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 ½ cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- ¼ cup coconut
- Place milk in double boiler over medium heat to slightly scald.
- Add butter, stir until it has melted then add vanilla.
- Separate eggs and place whites in separate bowl & set aside.
- Place yolks in another bowl and mix them beat. Gently pour into milk continually mixing while pouring.
- Mix dry ingredients together (flour, corn starch and sugar) and pour them into mixture in double boiler. Stir until mixture has thickened, then add coconut and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Pour into a 9 inch pre-cooked pie crust.
- Beat egg whites until thick & fluffy.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of white sugar beat until smooth.
- Then stir in ¼ cup of coconut, place on top of pie filling.
- Place in a 325 degree oven until it is golden brown (about 10 – 15 minutes)