This coffee cake makes a good use of your summer fruits. The secret for his velvety texture ? Tasty sour cream.
- ½ cup Farmers 20/80 spread
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups Farmers light sour cream
- 2 cups seasonal fruit ( blueberries, raspberries, rhubarb, chopped cranberries) I also use frozen fruit.
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Farmers 20/80 spread
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- Cream butter, 1 cup sugar, eggs, and vanilla with electric mixer until light and creamy.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add dry mixture to creamed mixture alternatively with sour cream. Mixing lightly after each addition.
- Combine fruit with ¼ cup sugar.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased spring form pan.
- Sprinkle with sugared fruit.
- Spread the remaining batter over top of the fruit.
- Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degree F for 50 to55 minutes. Or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Serve warm or cold. Garnish with ice cream or whip cream. The cake freezes well.