Deliciously fluffy and light buttermilk biscuits. An easy and fast buttermilk biscuits recipe for soft, buttery and flaky layers.
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup cold Farmers butter (cubed)
- 1 cup Farmers buttermilk
- 1 egg
- In bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using pastry blender, or 2 knives, cut in butter, until in coarse crumbs. /p>
- Whisk buttermilk with egg.
- Sir buttermilk, egg mixture into flour mixture with a fork to make soft dough.
- With lightly floured hands, press dough into ball.
- On lightly floured surface, knead gently 10 times.
- Pat dough into ¾” thick round.
- Using 2 ½” round cutter, cut into rounds.
- Place on parchment paper, lined or floured rimless baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 F in oven till golden brown (approx. 12 – 15 mins)