Allen and Jacqueline Bent, and their four children - Jennafer, Jonathan, Alanna and Adrian - call Lawrencetown Nova Scotia home. The couple bought the family farm from Allan’s Dad in 1994. They’ve made many upgrades to the property since then, while still maintaining the original house and barn built nearly 100 years ago . A lot has changed since the farm was first built, but like so many homes in Nova Scotia, the kitchen is the source of many wonderful family memories. “This pudding is a family tradition. We make it every Christmas.” - Jacqueline Bent, A&J Bent Farms, Proud Farmer-Owner
- 50 marshmallows
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice or you can use Tropicana’s lots of pulp orange juice
- 2 cups Farmers Whip Cream
- ½ cup orange juice with pulp
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 6 tsp of corn starch
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- Melt marshmallows over low heat in heavy pan along with orange juice, stirring occasionally.
- Once melted set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Whip cream & fold in marshmallow mixture.
- Place in bowl to chill overnight.
- Mix sugar & corn starch together then add liquids.
- Mix well then place in heavy sauce pan & heat over low- medium heat until it begins to thicken. Immediately remove from heat.
- Place in cool place.
- Pour over marshmallow mixture & serve.