This family-tradition seafood chowder is simple and only takes minutes to prepare. It makes a great routine meal, but you can dress it up by adding lobster or scallops!
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Farmers Butter or 20/80 Spread
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 7.5 mL (1½ tsp) salt to taste
- 0.62 mL (⅛ tsp) pepper to taste
- 500 mL (2 cups) boiling water
- 680 g (1½ lb.) fish/chowder mix
- 500 mL (2 cups) Farmers Homogenized Milk (for richer chowder, you can add blend)
- Melt the butter in a heavy sauce pan.
- Add the onions and celery and sauté until clear, stirring frequently.
- Add the boiling water, potatoes and seasonings. Cook the vegetables until they are tender or about 15 minutes.
- Add the fish, cut into bite-sized pieces, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the Farmers Homogenized Milk . Heat, but DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL!
Serve with a green salad and crusty rolls. Bonus—there’s one pot to wash. Note: You can add diced carrots along with the potatoes.