This family tradition seafood chowder is simple and only takes minutes to prepare. It makes a great everyday meal but you can dress it up by addind lobster or scallops !
- 2 tbsp, Farmers butter or 20/80 spread
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 ½ tsp salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp pepper to taste
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 ½ lbs of fish / chowder mix
- 2 cups Farmers homogenized milk( for richer chowder you can add blend)
- Melt butter in a heavy sauce pan.
- Add onions and celery. Sauté until clear, stirring frequently.
- Add the 2 cups of boiling water, potatoes and seasonings. Cook vegetables until tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Add the fish, cut into bite - size pieces. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the milk. Heat but ... DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL!
- Serve with a green salad and crusty rolls. Bonus - only one pot to wash.
Note: You can add diced carrots in with the potatoes.
Serve with a green salad and crusty rolls. Bonus - only one pot to wash. Note: You can add diced carrots in with the potatoes.