Steamed mussels in a beer, cream and garlic sauce—deliciously creamy, full of flavour and so easy!
- 1.4 L (3 lb.) mussels, cleaned
- 1 beer
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Spyglass Butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 5 mL (1 tsp) garlic, chopped
- 250 mL (1 cup) Farmers by Natrel 35% Whipping Cream
- 5 mL (1 tsp) salt
- 125 mL (½ cup) red onion, chopped
- 60 mL (¼ cup) parsley, chopped
- In a large stockpot, combine the beer and salt; cover and boil.
- Add the mussels, chopped red onion and chopped garlic; steam until the mussels open. Set the mussels aside.
- To the reserved juice, add the Farmers by Natrel 35% Whipping Cream and reduce to 375 mL (1½ cups).
- Add the chopped parsley and lemon juice; pour over the mussels and serve.