This Cheddar Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is the perfect side dish. Easy to make and incredibly cheesy.
- 1lb 2 oz (500 g) potatoes
- 5oz Farmers Old Cheddar Cheese, cut in small cubes
- ½ cup Farmers 35%Cream
- ½ cup Farmers 2% milk
- Fresh chives or parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel potatoes and slice thinly. Cook in lightly salted boiling water for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain slices and put them in a gratin dish. Preheat broiler.
- In a small saucepan, mix Farmers Old Cheddar Cheese cubes, Farmers 35% Cream and Farmers 2% Milk. Warm over low heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese has melted. Do not let the mixture boil. Remove from heat; blend in chives, a little grated nutmeg and season moderately with pepper. Pour over potatoes, and then brown under broiler