Rich and cheesy twice-baked potatoes with crispy bacon. They can even be prepared ahead of time and frozen until needed for a night of entertaining!
- 4 baking potatoes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Farmers Butter
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Farmers 14% Sour Cream
- 125 mL (½ cup) Farmers 10% Blend Cream, heated
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash paprika
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked until crispy
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 60 mL (¼ cup) Farmers Old Cheddar Cheese, grated (or Marble for a milder flavor)
- Wash the potatoes and prick them with a fork in a few places.
- Bake the potatoes on the oven rack at 200 °C (400 °F) for about 1 hour or until done.
- Cut a thin, lengthwise slice from the top of each potato.
- Scoop out the pulp into a bowl and beat with the heated Farmers 10% Blend Cream until fluffy.
- Beat in the butter, Farmers 14% Sour Cream, green onion, and seasonings.
- Fold the crispy bacon into the potato mixture.
- Spoon the potato mixture back into the shells and sprinkle them with the two cheeses.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and return them to the oven at 190 °C (375 °F) for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.
If freezing for later, once the potato mixture is back in the shells, place them in a freezer-safe container and put them in the freezer. When ready to use, thaw the stuffed potatoes for half an hour, and then sprinkle them with the two cheeses and bake as mentioned.