Delicious scalloped potatoes for a cheesy, creamy side dish.
- Natrel Butter
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) flour
- 310 mL (1½ cups) Farmers Homogenized Milk
- Season with salt, cayenne and sage to taste
- 250 mL (1 cup) sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 500 mL (2 cups) potatoes, sliced
- 125 mL (½ cup) Asiago cheese
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Let the mixture sit for a minute.
- Whisk in the Farmers Homogenized Milk and season with salt, cayenne and sage.
- Cook the sauce over low heat until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the sharp cheddar cheese.
- Place half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly-greased 1-L (1-qt.) baking dish.
- Pour half of the cheese sauce over the potato layer. Repeat with a second layer of each.
- Sprinkle the Asiago cheese on top and top with paprika for colour.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 180 °C (350 °F).