Perfectly crispy and cheesy nachos with cheese and tomato salsa. Simple and easy to make in a flash!
- 250 mL (1 cup) Farmers Restaurant Style 18% Sour Cream
- 300 g (10 oz.) corn nachos
- Jalapeño peppers, chopped (optional)
- Choice of chopped vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, etc.)
Cheese and Tomato Salsa:
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) all-purpose flour
- 60 mL (¼ cup) Farmers Butter
- 250 mL (1 cup) Farmers Medium Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 3.5 mL (¾ tsp) salt
- 1.25 mL (¼ tsp) pepper
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) garlic powder
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) oregano
- 250 mL (1 cup) canned crushed tomatoes
- 750 mL (3 cups) water
- In a saucepan, cook the flour in the Farmers Butter while stirring until golden.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the Farmers Medium Cheddar Cheese and the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and cook over medium heat until the salsa thickens.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Refrigerate in airtight container.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Place the nachos on a large platter and top with the cheese and tomato salsa.
- Bake for 10 minutes (can also be grilled under the broiler for the last 2 minutes)
- Remove from the oven and garnish with a sprinkle of chopped hot peppers and chopped vegetables. Serve with guacamole (optional) and Farmers Restaurant Style 18% Sour Cream.