A perfectly cheesy nacho cheese dip. Made with cheddar cheese and jalapeño chillies, it’s always a hit when served with tortilla chips.
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Farmers Butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 250 mL (1 cup) tomatoes, finely chopped
- 250 mL (1 cup) Farmers 1% Milk
- 22 mL (1½ tbsp) flour
- 375 mL (1½ cups) Farmers Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) jalapeño chillies or small hot peppers, chopped
- Hot pepper sauce or chili powder
- Tortilla chips
- In a medium frying pan, melt the Farmers Butter. Add the onion and tomatoes and sauté over medium heat until the onion is tender.
- In a small bowl, gradually stir the Farmers 1% Milk into the flour until smooth. Add to the pan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from the heat, add the Farmers Cheddar Cheese and stir until it has melted.
- Stir in the chillies and add hot pepper sauce or chili powder to taste.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips for dipping.