Sunni Knoll Farms is located in picturesque Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia and is home to the van de Riet family. The van de Riets have been Farmers Dairy shareholders for the past 30 years. The love of agriculture runs deep in this family. Just ask John van de Riet’s daughter, Lindsay. When she’s not busy finishing off her Bachelor of Science (Major in Agricultural Business) at Nova Scotia Agricultural College, she’s whipping up tasty concoctions in the kitchen, to share with family and farm hands. “Easy way to keep the workers on the farm and the family happy with this hearty breakfast!” - Lindsay van de Riet, daughter of John van de Riet, Sunni Knoll Farms, Proud Farmer-Owner
- 8 whole slices bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 cup onions
- ½ cup peppers (optional)
- ¼ cup Farmers milk
- 8 whole eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup Farmers cheddar cheese, shredded
- In 10 inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes
- Add potatoes, continue cooking, stirring occasionally until potatoes are browned and crispy tender.
- Add onions and green pepper, continue cooking until crispy tender (3 to 4 minutes).
- Pour off fat.
- In small bowl stir together remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Stir to blend.
- Cook over medium heat, gently lift portions with spatula so uncooked portion flows to bottom of pan, until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs, let it stand until it is melted.&nbs