Brighten any day with a wonderful slice of lemon pie. Make sure to remember the homemade Farmers Whipping Cream on top!
- 52 mL (3½ tbsp) cornstarch
- 250 mL (1 cup) sugar
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) lemon zest, grated
- 125 mL (½ cup) lemon juice
- 250 mL (1 cup) Farmers 2% Milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 60 mL (¼ cup) Natrel Butter
- 250 mL (1 cup) Farmers by Natrel Restaurant Style 18% Sour Cream
- 250 mL (1 cup) Farmers 35% Whipping Cream, whipped
- 1 pie crust, ready to fill, cooled
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the egg yolks, cornstarch, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and Farmers 2% Milk.
- Stir constantly over medium-high heat until it starts to boil; stir until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in Natrel Butter until combined.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, and then stir in Farmers by Natrel Restaurant Style 18% Sour Cream.
- Cool to room temperature and pour the filling into the pie crust. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve with whipped Farmers 35% Whipping Cream.