A mellow, eggnog-infused pound cake. This recipe makes a savoury and festive dessert for the holidays!
- 750 mL (3 cups) all-purpose flour
- 10 mL (2 tsp) baking powder
- 1.25 mL (¼ tsp) salt
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) nutmeg
- 250 mL (1 cup) Natrel Butter, at room temperature
- 500 mL (2 cups) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla
- 310 mL (1¼ cup) Farmers Eggnog
- For the glaze
- 250 mL (1 cup) powdered sugar
- 15–30 mL (1–2 tbsp) Farmers Eggnog
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg, and then set it aside.
- In a mixer, cream the Natrel Butter until smooth; slowly add the sugar until fully combined; beat the mixture on medium speed until it is light and creamy and the colour pales.
- One at a time, add the eggs, beating well after each addition; add the vanilla.
- Add the flour and Farmers Eggnog, alternating between the flour mixture and the eggnog, starting and ending with the flour; mix until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into two greased and floured 23-cm (9-in.) loaf pans or one Bundt pan. Bake in a preheated 180 °C (350 °F) oven for 50–55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let the cake rest in the pan for 20 minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together the Farmers Eggnog and powdered sugar, adding more eggnog until the desired consistency is reached. Spoon it over the cooled cake and let the glaze set for a few hours before serving or storing.