The best part about fall is obviously Farmers Eggnog. We’ve found the perfect addition to your brunch menu: Pound Cake infused with eggnog!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup Natrel Butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup Farmers Eggnog For the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp Farmers Eggnog
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg, set aside.
- In a mixer, cream Natrel Butter until smooth, slowly add in sugar until all combined. Beat mixture on medium speed until light and creamy, and the colour pales.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in vanilla.
- Alternating the flour mixture and Farmers Eggnog, starting and ending with the flour, add in both. Mix until smooth.
- Spoon batter into two greased and floured 9 inch (23 cm) loaf pans or a bundt pan. Bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 50-55 minutes, until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cake rest in pan for 20 minutes before turning out onto rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together Farmers Eggnog and powdered sugar, adding more Eggnog until desired consistency. Spoon over cooled cake. Let glaze set up for a few hours before serving or storing.