This variation of the classic dessert uses maple syrup. No one can resist a delicious apple pie recipe. To be served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Farmers Butter, melted
- 5 cups sliced peeled apples
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold Farmers Butter, cubed
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Serve with Farmers Ice Cream – Vanilla is always a nice compliment
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, syrup and butter until smooth.
- Add apples and cranberries; toss to coat. Spoon into crust.
- For topping, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over filling.
- Cover edges of crust loosely with foil to prevent over browning.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Remove foil; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with a scoop of Farmers Ice Cream.
Serve warm with Farmers Whipping Cream or Farmers Vanilla Ice Cream.