This creamy pumpkin pie recipe is a creamy twist for an old favourite. To be made with savoury Canadian grown pumpkin.
- 1 (8-ounce) pkg cream cheese softened
- 2 cups mashed pumpkin (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg plus 2 yolks slightly beaten
- 1 cup Farmers Blend or Coffee Cream
- ¼ cup melted Farmers Butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 uncooked 9" pie crust
- Farmers Whipping Cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.<
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add pumpkin and continue to mix until combined.
- Add sugar and salt mix.
- Add the eggs, cream and melted butter and mix until well combined.
- Finally, add the vanilla, cinnamon and ginger; beat until incorporated.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 50 minutes or until the centre is set.
- Place the pie on a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
- When ready to serve, whip cream according to directions on carton.
- Cut into slices and add a generous amount of Farmers Whipping Cream.